Competent graduate with good communication skills always looking for better ways to achieve good results. Interested in all aspects of information technology, monitoring new developments and actively learning new skills.
• Knowledgeable with Windows 7 and Windows XP
• Experienced in Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007-10 including installation and instruction.
• PC builds and upgrades, together with virus and spyware removal.
• Microsoft Visual Basic Programming.
• Python Programming.
• Web development using Adobe Dreamweaver and associated tools
• Web development using strict HTML 5 and CSS3
• Hold a PCV and HGV/LGV Class 1
Education and Training
Sept 2012 to June 2013 University of Southampton
PGCE Secondary in Information technology
Sept 2009 to June 2012 University of Portsmouth
BSc (Hons) in Computing & Society - 1st Class Honours Degree
This course covered a broad range of subjects to include: Systems analysis and design, Programming, Web development, Project management together with other Professional studies that are relevant within the business world.
2011 - 2012 - UPSU Technology Faculty Representative –supporting 5 School Reps within the University via the Course Rep System.
February 2011 - Student Associate Scheme work placement - City of Portsmouth Boys School – Student of the Year
2010 - 2011 - UPSU Course Representative Computing & Society
Sept 2006 to June 2007 Chichester College
• BTEC National Certificate for IT Practitioners Double Distinction attained June 2007
Sept 1984 to June 1985 Milton Keynes College
• BTEC General Diploma in Business Studies Distinction
• Pitman Word Processing
• RSA Book keeping
Jan 81 to June 84 Radcliffe School, Wolverton, Milton Keynes
• 3 'O'Levels and 8 CSE's all above Grade C including Maths and English
Chief Scouts Award
April 2015 to current Trafalgar School, Portsmouth Head of Faculty Computing and Vocational
- Helping to develop a strong team to deliver outstanding education to all studnets and providing a focus on computing and technology.
June 2013 - April 2015 Horndean technology College Teacher of Computing
- Results from the 2015 examinations were great. 78% A*-C and 24% A*-A, very proud of my students.
Jan 2010 to 2014 Tesco Stores Ltd Dotcom Team Leader P/T
Duties include: Delivering pre-ordered shopping direct to customers.
- Time management - keeping to a tight schedule to ensure customers get their groceries on time and in the best condition. Current customer satisfaction rating of 93%
- Using wireless devices to update the CRM system.
- Customer service skills – assessing needs and giving support where necessary.
- Working in a small team to reach targets. Dept currently 22% over target.
Mar 2009 to Jan 2010 The Recruit Group LGV 1 Driver
The contract involved working shifts as required making deliveries direct to retail stores covering the south of England.
- Route planning
- Adhering to Tesco policy and following all procedures.
- Working on own initiative to meet deadlines –finding alternative routes.
Jan 2008 to Mar 2009 Redwood International Ltd, Gibraltar Shipping Clerk
Ensuring the required spares and supplies reached vessels on a just in time basis.
- Liaising with Customs Officers in Gibraltar and Spain
- Communication via telephones and email
- Collating orders for vessels at sea to meet Port Authority deadlines
- Development and implementation of IT procedures to support the operation including a quotation system for the removals department.
Nov1988 to Oct 2007 Tesco Distribution, Southampton LGV 1 Driver/Transport Clerk
In September 2006, Tesco released me from a full-time contract so I could return to education whilst continuing my service on a part-time basis in a supervisory role in the Transport Office.
- Assisting the Team Manager to reach targets.
- Using Satellite communications systems to coordinate deliveries
- Report writing
- Allocating deliveries to drivers – ensuring legal compliance.
- Delivering temperature controlled food to 235 stores.
- Health and Safety at Work, Risk Assessment strategies and Silver award Driving attained whilst working with Tesco.
- Rugby – Having played for a number of teams I now enjoy watching international matches as well as University tournaments.
- Discovering Spanish connections in recent ancestry.
- Studying the development of computers through history.
- Rebuilding old machines and making use of them for personal transportation.